Welcome to From the Vault! We are a small, family owned and operated jewelry store in the Saint Matthews neighborhood in Louisville Kentucky. We offer a wide variety of Gems and Jewelry related services, and I hope that through this blog series you will be able to see just what we can do.
We specialize in custom jewelry design, repairs, and engraving. Our showroom has examples of items we have made, in addition to lines and items created by various independent jewelry artists and small companies. We In addition to custom jewelry for the public, I have also been commissioned at different times to make higher end corporate gifts, such as special pendants and money clips for valued employees. We have also worked on large projects for local corporations, such as our work for the past several years with the amazing teams at Brown Forman, working on the Woodford Reserve $1000.00 mint julep cups.
We also offer appraisal and appraisal related services. I am an AiSociety™ Accredited Member, offering appraisals and valuations of all fundamental consumer assignments, such as Consumer Insurance and Insurance Indemnification, as well as more advanced and specialized assignment. We also offer appraisal related services, such as Gem ID and Grading, diamond plotting, and diamond grading. These services are carried out in house, by a GIA trained Gemologist. While our store specializes in Gems and Jewelry, as a member of the AiSociety™, I have high level access to the most qualified valuers in the world, across many disciplines. There is more info about these services on the website, and it will be the subject of a future blog.
We have an amazing team:
- Sheila, my mother, is the owner of the store. She has multiple diplomas from the Gemological Institute of America, in both diamonds and pearls. She has over 40 years of experience in the trade. She is our lead buyer, and she has personally picked every item you see in the showcase.
- My name is Graham, I am the President of From the Vault, I am also the head custom designer, and the AiSupervising Appraiser. I worked doing bench repairs at the store for our first 8 years, and now I do our CAD design, working with our clients on custom design projects.
- Phyllis is our in-house Gemologist, and our lead sales associate. She is the person you are most likely to talk to when you call or come into the store! She is talented artist and has years of experience in the Gems and Jewelry trade.
- Aaron is a true Jewelry Artisan. With a Bachelor’s in Fine arts from Indiana University, and a diploma from the prestigious “New Approach” school for jewelers, Aaron is a key member of our team. He specializes in hand fabrication, advanced stone setting, and advanced laser repair and assembly.
- Carolyn is our advanced jewelry repair specialist. After her time in the Navy, she studied at the Carlsbad California GIA campus where she received her training as a jeweler. She has worked in high end custom jewelry stores, as well as high production repair centers, before finding her way to us, where she rounds out our repair team with her over 15 years of experience.
- Shelby is our Custom Design & Sales Associate. She can help you with custom design ideas, as well as helping you find that special gift for yourself, or someone else.
It is my intention to post over the next couple of months more in depth information about our services, starting with a Custom Design summary. Thank you very much for taking time to read this. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org, or to call or text our store 502-893-0900. Thank you very much, and I hope this series will give you an idea of what we can do for you at our store!